View Single Post
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Yeah, it's mostly just a timesaver (well, and a potential way to avoid the power-on issues associated with pre-51-3 firmware, but that's another story—there are a few things that go on differently compared to switching off and switching on on the extremely technical side, but none of that should concern a user). Instead of the device powering off and the user having to manually turn it back on, the device just powers itself back on.
On thing I do notice is that when using bootemu to boot off an sd card, if I reboot I get a chance to hit the menu key to select the boot target (a frustratingly short chance, I might add, but that's for another topic), but if I shutdown (which I will try to do after missing the aforementioned option), then I do not get the bootemu option at all. Since I just have a factory flash internally without becomeroot or cousins installed (a choice), I then have to remove the battery to do a 'hard' reboot so I get the bootmenu option back. I'll have to at least apply this change to the internal flash so I can make rebooting easier. tx
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset