View Single Post
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
You could also add "Soft poweroff" and "Top in Xterm" (which is actually an interesting thing that somebody could use for something cool besides top), but soft poweroff is completely non-functional in OS2008 thanks to some stupid regression that was fixed in November but may never ship because this awesome feature isn't "supported" (Please vote for bug #2400 if this is important for you!) and "Top in Xterm" will likely be useless for the vast majority of people.
Well, I'm not sure exactly how soft poweroff failed; it was a while ago when I switched to powerlaunch, but I haven't got powerlaunch installed yet in Diablo. The soft-poweroff seems to work, both by double-tapping power (which is cool) and by selecting from the menu (although sometimes the menu won't come up; I think that's related to prereleaseness of systemui, but I really haven't looked into it). I had never known about systemui.xml back when I used it; all I edited before was mce.ini, which also seems expanded. (Maybe I'm remembering from OS2007...)

How exactly is soft-poweroff "completely non-functional"?

Last edited by Benson; 2008-05-21 at 14:15.