View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by AbelMN View Post
Yup, Good article, I am however not sure if Mr. Jaakski truly reflected the results of the Maemo Wiki brainstorm, but he surely understands the N8X0 customer and end-user:
Uh, this wasn't actually related to the brainstorm. :\

I also hope that Maemo.org will develop more add-ons for the standard OS and stop competing with it: adapting additional in stead of complementary (Linux) tools for the Tablets seems to be a great 'mission' for Maemo. Usability, Quality and Simplicity should become Maemo Marks.
Do you mean 3rd party developers or Nokia? If 3rd party, I'm not sure how they're "competing" with ITOS. Besides, 3rd party developers should be doing whatever the hell their want to with their own damn time regardless of what you or anybody else thinks.

Developing 'Media Players' like Canola, MediaBox, MPlayer, Kagu, Media Streamer, Quiver, Streamtuner, Ukmp, Youamp and whatever is maybe interesting for senior ITT members, but the customer simply gets confused ! As too many of these complementary gadgets do not simply work after the first Maemo download and alongside documentation lacks, it takes too many dark winter evenings too find out why I should bother to use them.
Media players aren't interesting to end users? News to me, I figured out of all people end-users would be most interested in media players. :\

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-06-12 at 11:01.