View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Well, that probably includes a bunch of stuff that is provided by maemo; if there's an X server somewhere in the dependency tree, for example, you can really get rid of that. I bet there's a lot of cleanup possible, but going through and doing it will be huge time.

Especially if you do it the right way, which (I think?) is to make a package that provides all those things, so your dependencies aren't whacked and apt still goes.
Yeah you would need to build an empty package that claims to provide all of the unneeded dependencies.

The whole point of this chroot business is to avoid that kind of work. I guess the cost of convenience is always going to be some bloat. Well, 8GB SD cards are ~$30, it's no big deal to just make a big partition.

It seems that the full sid rootfs works fine, it is that pesky minbase version that is causing still has all the dependency problems. I'll post a separate message about that.

Last edited by qole; 2008-06-13 at 22:36.