View Single Post
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
I'm waiting to hear back from my manufacturer on the availability of the MicroUSB connectors required to build the adapter (believe it or not they're still extremely difficult to find as they're much newer and less common), but I will keep everyone here posted as information comes in. I've been advised that the manufacturing process will require about 20-25 days from time of order submission to receiving the final product; I know it'd be great to get them sooner, but that's the sort of time you have to pay for completely custom manufacturing (others have quoted as much as 3 months by the way!). I will pass along cost estimates once I receive word back from my manufacturer; at this point I really have no idea (kind of hoping that they'll be reasonable or it's not worth doing).

Unfortunately Benson I don't have that prototype in my hands just yet to take some pictures of! The manufacturer made it up and just sent me a picture this morning; as I progress through the ordering process then they will go ahead and actually send it to me at which point I can get some "Tablet action" shots going on.

In my tests with the current OTG/360 combo I found that actually the best way to use the network adapter was simply to have it sit flat and level on the desk beside the tablet; while it's possible to have it tuck up behind it the cable sticking out prevents the tablet from sitting quite as firmly as normal; I will make an enquiry to see if it's possible to get the mini connector installed the opposite way (upside down from the current prototype) so that when you connect the adapter it's possible to have the USB100M fold behind and face down.

Thanks,
-Rob