View Single Post
Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
Fan-bloody-tastic exactly my thoughts on the idea!

Few questions:

How well does the flip adapter work when plugging the n810 in and out?

The flip works very well. If you watch the video its pretty much that easy. The only thing I constantly forget to do is unlock the touch screen before i flip it into the dash. Which means I have to flip it back out. No big deal. I flip it out a lot anyway cuz its summer and its really hot so I point one of my ac ducts on it for a few seconds to cool it down.

How do you keep it from flipping out when driving?

Right now everything is pretty tight so it just stays, even through hard turns. I was thinking of buying a clip of some sort and may have to further down the road. But right now it just works.

What are the specs of the sound system ... personally I want to forgo the stereo and go straight to equalizer + amp - how've you done this?

I'm not a huge audiophile. No equalizer. The amp was suppose to be nice but turned out to be a piece. Its a 2000W(yeah right) performance teknique 5.1 surround amp. Not a good amp. had to use a second 900W soundstorm amp I had lying around to drive the Infinity sub cuz teh crappy PT 5.1 didnt have enough power for it. Hence the two amps in the trunk. I just go straight from the headphone plug of the N810 to RCAs and use a splitter to get all the ones I need.

Is there any hiss from the N810 when fired up loud?

As long as you make sure to turn the car on AFTER you plug in you N810 then all is good. No pop. Dont go taking it on and off while the system is powered though. Nasty noises. I have a switch that turns on and off my stereo equipment so I use that if I want to remove it while the car is still on.

Does the usb plug into a portable hard disk for extended storage?

I have a thumb drive on my keychain with some extra music on it if I need it. Its really easy to update what music is on my N810 since its so mobile. So i never have more than 2 GB of music on there at one time. My tastes change all the time. Once the larger Micro/miniSD's come out I really dont think you have more than 16GB of music you REALLY listen to.

I'm sure there's lots more questions later

See answers above!

The Following User Says Thank You to Cruelkix For This Useful Post: