View Single Post
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
No ideas, unfortunately. Is my understanding of the sequence that led to this correct?
- Palm app A running
- GVM desktop not running
- Starting GVM desktop
- Launching app B from GVM desktop
?
Yes exactly as I did it.

I don't remember if I have tried that. I _think_ I did it back with the first version of GVM, but I'm not certain. I haven't with the latest beta for sure.
The 'safe' way to switch to another app (when the desktop is stopped) is presumably:
- Palm app A running
- GVM desktop not running
- Click Palm home icon in app A
- Select app B
Yes I think that would do it.

I haven't tested the latest beta as much as the first one, but back then I think I also experimented with starting app A from the command line and then app B, and that worked as far as I can remember. So it may all be that one method isn't better than any other and that your unfortunate problem was caused by some instability of the current beta.
In your case the GVM desktop is not being statred - perhaps that makes the difference?

As for restoring the apps and data.. unless FileZ can find something then I have no idea. I looked deep down into the gvm.store file a while ago and couldn't figure out anything.
I had FileZ on there and I could see all the installed apps and databases etc. Maybe I'll reinstall that one and take a look.

I have resorted to making a backup of the gvm.store file itself, so that I can just copy it back from the SD card in case of problems (the problems I used to have was that when launching applications which used mathlib.prc everything would burn and die and disappear. That's at least fixed in the latest beta).
That sound like a good idea. Perhaps the backup command could be put into a simple shell script and then run after any new GVM install?

Thanks TA-t3 for your input.

Last edited by dfinch; 2008-07-17 at 13:42. Reason: missed line