View Single Post
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Well, that's about it really. I'm reviving my 770, mostly in view of a possible september attendance, so I tried to install mplayer via the maemo.org one-click install.

After disabling a bunch of disappeared repositories (soemthing that has become sort of a routine for all things maemo), I finally got AppMangler to refresh, but mplayer, the 2006 version, won't install. It complains it's missing "hildon-fm1 >=0.29-1", something I connot find (red pill mode gives the old AppMangler bug where the application names are invisible. Woohoo!).

Now, before people start, I'm not in the least interested in installing any of the HE versions. This 770 runs ITOS 1.2006.26-8 and it will keep running that. It's the only ITOS where I have a permanent bluetooth icon in the status bar, so suggestions like: "Why don't you update to HE-whatever?" will be cast into the darkness. After all, there is a 2006 mplayer listed.