View Single Post
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
tj110158: Hm, that's strange. The best help I can give you is a bit complicated. Try editing the program file (gainroot, then edit /usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py with your favorite editor), and change the first line from:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
to:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python2.5
Then, exit out of root and run:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/rdesktop.py
And post what error messages that throws out. It's possible there was a dependency I missed when entering the dependencies in. Also, what OS version are you running? I'm running diablo, and there could be a bug I'm not seeing because of different OS versions.

Rocketman:
Glad to hear you like it. Being able to have multiple RDP profiles was one of the reasons I wrote this actually. This is just the first version, to make sure that I am able to get all the backend working, and now I need to work on features like that. I plan on being able to have unlimited RDP profiles, but I also need to work out how to store the information. I do have some ideas, just not how sure they'll work. I'm still begining my development with python. Unfortunately, I don't know C (which rdesktop is actually written in, I just wrote the GUI), so I'm not sure I'll be able to add some of the features you requested. Although, I also miss having the ability to minimize an RDP session, so that might be a feature you'll see.

Others:
Glad to hear you like it!

I'm actually sitting in the airport right now, and as I said, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to visit the forums, etc. this week. Next week I should be able to get bugs fixed and work on some new features, though.