View Single Post
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
OK, this is an old thread, but I wonder if there's a chance to get .odt and .doc import for the existing beta? I can't use any of my .odt-files so I'm not using Abiword, which is a shame, really. Didn't Ryan say the import filters were next?

Abiword looks great and I'd certainly prefer a native diablo version to installing a different OS only to get Abiword running.

I've been on the lookout for this ever since I got my n800 more than a year ago!

Still hoping...
Not sure what you mean by installing a different OS - it runs fine in diablo, you just need a different Repository to install it.

Also, .doc works, it is .docx (I think...) the 07 doc format that does not work. I believe that .odt also does not work at this time.

I am also wondering if there is any more progress here with regards to the add on modules that were discussed or (more useful to me) the ability to save as .doc or .rtf (which I think was supposed to be just a packaging issue?) - the workaround works for now, just wondering?

MstPrgmr - you can save as a doc - the workaround is to create a blank .doc, and transfer it to the tablet. Open that, type whatever you want, and then Save As and rename it. This will save it as a doc. You can, I believe, also do this with .rtf files.

Another alternative would be to install abiword on your desktop, and use it to convert (it is, I believe, available for windows and linux)

Patrick