View Single Post
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ France
Dear all, I know that these forums already provide a lot of useful information on encoding video for Nokia Internet Tablets. I could not find any explanation for my problem in them, so I try opening another thread hoping that somebody will immediately spot a probably trivial problem.

I'm using mencoder to encode my videos to my Diablo-based N810. I found all the existing scripts a little bit too conservative with respect to the capabilities of the latest version of the software/hardware, so I decided to build my own script:

Code:
mencoder "$1" -o /dev/null 
-oac copy 
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=$VBR:mbd=1:threads=2:vpass=1:turbo 
-vf scale -zoom -xy $RESOLUTION  -ffourcc DIVX 2>/dev/null

mencoder "$1" -o "$2" 
-oac mp3lame -lameopts preset=medium 
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=$VBR:mbd=1:threads=2:vpass=2 
-vf scale -zoom -xy $RESOLUTION -ffourcc DIVX 2>/dev/null
Nothing special here. The output shoud be a normal AVI file encoded in MPEG-4 with MP3 VBR audio. I used the ffourcc option to force the fourcc code to DIVX according to previous documentation that I found around. While mplayer is able to play without a glitch encoded videos also with RESOLUTION=600 and VBR=600, I can't find any way to make the builtin Diablo mediaplayer to play these files. Does anybody have a good reason for this?

Note: I also tried to use CBR bitrates for MP3 and also AAC audio. All the cases worked without problems in mplayer but not on the builtin player. I also tried different fourcc values, but nothing changed.