View Single Post
To Qole,

Re the problems I have been reporting with xvbkd -- the keyboard goes in *auto-repeat* mode soon as you hit any key.

It seems related to the "Automatic Click" option. Turning that off in xvbkd's Property panel restored my keyboard to normal. The option is defined as,

"Automatic Click: Set on/off of the automatic click feature and the delay before automatic click is activated. If this feature is set, xvkbd will work as if left mouse button is clicked when mouse pointer is moved on a button and stays long enough. You may want to set Jump Pointer? to OFF to avoid auto-repeating."

Toggling the "Jump Pointer?" on and off did not help... were you not having these problems?

As explained in,

http://homepage3.nifty.com/tsato/xvkbd/

xvbkd's resources may be re-configured in several ways... one of them is via ~/.Xdefaults. This may be handy to those wishing to make some adjustments to xvbkd's appearance and behavior. Turns out that this v3.0 of xvbkd supports many international keyboard layouts and that is very useful.

If using ~/.Xdefaults to set options for xvkbd keep in mind that it will also affect the Hildon version of xvkbd, if installed.

I also want to ask you if the "/etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs" hack is needed by your latest version of the chroot scripts. When opening any of its configuration panels on the Hildon version of vxbkd, upon closing the panels the keyboard window jumps to the upper-let corner... and since hildon windows can't be dragged, the only recorse is to restart vxbkd.

-- Denis