View Single Post
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Well I see that I'm not in a majority position as usual, but that's OK, I can rationalize my way through :-)

I *am* tempted, as a former Psion and Zaurus user, by the clamshell design combined with state-of-the-art power, connectivity and battery life. Sorely tempted.

OTOH, I'm not really a hacker, not really a gamer, and a bit tired of being a beta-tester. After all I already have three tablets and a Zaurus, it's not like I *need* a fifth diamond in the rough to pass the time with...

So to save my sanity, and as an uncommon last resort, I try my hand at common sense :

* if there ISN'T a second batch, the platform will have failed, and I will have one less dust-gathering paperweight I can't bring myself to part with because I'm too weak...

* if there IS a second batch (and third, and...), which I hope for, at that time there will enough user feedback on what the gizmo is really capable of, what's available or not, where it's going, etc. Maybe even some uncovered glaring design error(s) may have been corrected in the new batches... I guess I can change my mind then :-)
FWIW, pre-ordering has gone so well (over 2000 in the first 6 hours...) that they've bumped up first batch limit from 3000 to 4000, but order cut-off is this Sunday I think....check their website....

Sorry, if this was posted before, as I've only skimmed other posts in this thread....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800