View Single Post

I would love to see a Maemo Mapper equivalent app, vncviewer (which will happen for sure) a good audio/video player (including ogg) and FBreader. And FF3.
Anything else (which is a big fat lot) is, to me, bonus.
VLC player or Mplayer is likely to come preloaded, as is Firefox3. The rest depends on how good your nagging towards developers is.
Assuming it comes with some Angstrom conf files, I'll start building stuff from the OE metadata, so Firefox (or one of the lightweight versions) will be there, mplayer is in there, VLC might be (I can't remember). The Hildon modifications aren't very large so presumably maemo-mapper can be built for a simple GTK+ environment (assuming it's not already able to do so).

Trying to decide if I'll keep with the Nokia and go to the n900 or switch to Pandora.
I've ordered a Pandora to play around with, but I think I'd prefer the Nokia device (not that I've seen it yet, but from past experience) as a day-to-day device. I'll use the Pandora for hacking on (with a view to moving developed code to the N900 I should add - DSP stuff for example)