View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Those talking of the NIT as a computer (a Linux one at that) is in the same class (or nearly) as Steve Jobs when he says the iPhone is Apple's netbook.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/21/read-my-lips/
The interesting (and scary) thing about that article was that Jobs hinted that Apple is going to come out with a next-gen tablet that will be competing head-to-head with the n900. I mean, why not? A bigger display, faster processor, camera, etc; of course they're adding these to the next generation Apple product. Do we think that Apple is sitting on their hands? And the scary thing (to those of us who want Nokia to win here) is that Jobs, as usual, "gets it." While everyone is raving on about netbooks, he sees that the future is handheld. And while everyone else is struggling to make ends meet in this economic downturn, Apple is going to be busy pouring their massive resourses into making handheld devices that consumers won't be able to resist.

My observation so far has been that when people say Jobs is wrong, they're wrong.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: