View Single Post
Hello! I've been using PB's superb install tools and KDE on my N810for a while now but finally decided that I'd try and actually learn something about Linux and how it works. This, of course, meant I messed up a whole bunch of things but it's been fun figuring out how to fix them.

It'll give you some idea of my level of knowledge to know it took me ages just to figure out how to edit a file on the Maemo!

But I've found something I'm really stuck on:

I reflashed my device to clear it out having tinkered and broken a lot of stuff. I then used PB's Install Tools to clone the OS to my 8gb Sd card.

After reflashing, the internal system was clean - no sign of left over settings or apps at all. BUT when I ran Install Tools the version of the OS created on my card contains all the Apps that I wanted to get rid of. Wierdly, though, Maemo's App Manager can't see them.

Using emelfm2 I can see the Apps in the /usr directory and they are still on the 'Extras' list in Maemo (and launch from there without any issues).

Presumably reflashing leaves some sort of file on my N810 that Install Tools picks up and uses to write data to the card - can anyone tell me what this file is and how I can destroy it (just delete?) so that i can do a completely clean re-flash and re-clone?

Thanks in advance - I've never used Linux before and I'd have been lost without the ITT forums so I'm hoping you guys can help.

Cheers,

Richard

The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Ross For This Useful Post: