View Single Post
I bought a 770 off ebay about a year ago give or take, and I've consistently had problems with it. Most annoyingly, I'll plug it in to charge, and all I get is a "Not Charging" error message. Specifically, it will charge for half a second, maybe up to 2-3 seconds if i'm lucky, then it will pop up the error. Reboot, reflash, i've tried everything, nothing helps.

At first, I thought it was the power adapter. Being the cheap guy that I am, I opted to cut the transformer off and replace it with a USB plug as I've heard that this method has been met with success in the past. Not for me, of course.

By then, I'd honestly lost all interest, so in the drawer it went. Fast forward to today, I got a new battery on ebay for less than $10 shipped. I set it all up, and sure enough, what do you think happens?

It really pisses me off because the message is so cryptic. What the f#&@ is "not charging" supposed to mean anyway? If it's plugged in and the battery is low and it's not charging, then why doesn't it just, I don't know, CHARGE???

Last edited by thecompkid; 2008-11-20 at 21:12.