View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
I suppose since Nokia is not calling the next device an Internet Tablet, a forum called Internet Tablet Talk doesn't make so much sense anymore.
Not really. This forum could continue to talk about internet tablet devices and not let the lexicon be dictated by Nokia. That statement is a rationalization; this decision is a conscious one to join forces to push Maemo.

I am reading this thread after someone asked "aside from maemo, what is distinctive about the NITs?" How ironic. For me, it is unfortunate that the NITs are becoming all about Maemo. And now this forum, which is one of the few that I post in, is becoming a part of Maemo. I have absolutely nothing against Maemo or the Maemo community. In fact, I am a big advocate of the proposition that a mobile touch screen device has to have an OS matched to the device category, and often posted in support of Maemo. But I came into this because I had a soft spot for this new device category, and it just happened that, at the time, Nokia was the ONLY company offering such a device. I now lots of people are pushing Maemo, and that's good because the devices need a good OS. But, for me, the forum was about more than Maemo, and it's hard to believe that will continue once the forum becomes part of maemo.org.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: