View Single Post
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I do find the whole issue a more of a marketing/branding/making feel warm issue. I wonder how much power Nokia shops/buildings and billboards consume just for lighting. I wouldn't be surprised if that outclassed all mobile chargers and then some. But then again, turning those pesky lights off wouldn't make you feel like you actually did something for the environment even though the end result is probably worse.

The bottom line is thus IMHO something else. It doesn't matter how much energy you save (or not save) disconnecting your chargers. The goal is to train you become 'environmentally friendly' or at least actively try to make you become one. Unfortunately, this is becoming a moral/ethical question leaning to ecological dogmas, even though the original topic (our impact on the environment and it's consequences) is a very technical question.

But I agree with the previous poster, we most certainly wasted more electricity discussing this than it is ecologically sound, and I have gone seriously off-topic

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post: