View Single Post
Hi PB, thanks again for the wonderful utilities.

Three small issues I had that may or may not have affected other people (I didn't read through the entire thread, but I did do a brief search). For reference, I had cloned my OS to an SD card with your .deb before this most recent SSU and was using that SD card in the external slot of my n800. I decided to do the 43.7 SSU on the flash's OS first, then went through the process of cloning it to the SD card anew and restoring a backup.

First: Using pbeasy in Xterm, I could not get my card recognized when it was in the external slot using the 'Partition' option. However, it came up fine and was selectable as /dev/mmcblk0-INTERNAL when I moved it into the internal slot.

Second: I may have missed some additional text, but when specifying the sizes of the partitions, the first and second screens seem to say exactly the same thing (this is FAT partition, to be used in a windows filesystem etc...). My understanding is that the second screen actually refers to the Swap partition?

Third: After I partitioned and cloned everything fine, the boot menu has the customary four options to choose from. Weird(?) thing is, it will only boot from the SD card when it is in the external slot. I'm guessing it has to do with how the bootmenu is set up or something because the two lines for booting from the SD cards are as follows (I abbreviated lots) :
External, p2, ext3
Internal, p6, ext3

This last point doesn't bother me that much since I was wanting to boot from the external slot anyways, but I guess it would be nice to know for the future how or why the partitions are set that way in the boot menu.

Thanks again.