View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Xtremegene View Post
Hi PB, thanks again for the wonderful utilities.

Three small issues I had that may or may not have affected other people (I didn't read through the entire thread, but I did do a brief search). For reference, I had cloned my OS to an SD card with your .deb before this most recent SSU and was using that SD card in the external slot of my n800. I decided to do the 43.7 SSU on the flash's OS first, then went through the process of cloning it to the SD card anew and restoring a backup.

First: Using pbeasy in Xterm, I could not get my card recognized when it was in the external slot using the 'Partition' option. However, it came up fine and was selectable as /dev/mmcblk0-INTERNAL when I moved it into the internal slot.
Odd, same command runs and pulls the info? What SD card are you using?

Second: I may have missed some additional text, but when specifying the sizes of the partitions, the first and second screens seem to say exactly the same thing (this is FAT partition, to be used in a windows filesystem etc...). My understanding is that the second screen actually refers to the Swap partition?
This is correct, thanks I will fix it

Third: After I partitioned and cloned everything fine, the boot menu has the customary four options to choose from. Weird(?) thing is, it will only boot from the SD card when it is in the external slot. I'm guessing it has to do with how the bootmenu is set up or something because the two lines for booting from the SD cards are as follows (I abbreviated lots) :
External, p2, ext3
Internal, p6, ext3
This seems to be a problem, I believe this is the last partition setup I used on my system, which means bootmenu did not update and write out a new botmenu.conf

Boot to flash and run the Bootmenu "Just install bootmenu" option in pbeasy. This should fix it, it will scan for partitions and write out a new menu. Can you let me know if this works for you? If its in internal it will write it for internal, if its in external, it will write it out for external, you cannot switch them once your done without rewriting bootmenu. This should remove the Internal p6 ext3 option.

This last point doesn't bother me that much since I was wanting to boot from the external slot anyways, but I guess it would be nice to know for the future how or why the partitions are set that way in the boot menu.

Again, my script scans for ext2/3 partitions and writes out bootmenu including all ext2/3 partitions it finds. Well thats what its supposed to do anyway.

Thanks again.
I realy appreaciate the feedback as it takes community feedback in order for me to discover an issue and resolve it.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.