View Single Post
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Well, my current iPod is about kick the bucket within a short time; so I've been considering my options.

I was debating on a 16 gig touch (~$300), 32 gig touch (~$400) or a 80 gig classic (~$250ish). The 8 gig is just way too little; it's out of the question. My current 30 gig is nearly full of music alone - I love my music

Then I found out about the n8x0 series, and my jaw dropped. As an advid fan of computers/computer systems, and a current undergrad univeristy student in Computer Science the tablet is really appealing. In addition, I truely do not like apple. I love the iPods; Apple as a company, not so much. The open source aspect of the tablet is definately a plus. And of course with the n800, 2x removable flash memory is just beyond comprehensible for me :P

I commute approximately 3 or more hours per day for school, which brings up the question of battery life. The nokia site advertises 3.5 hours browsing battery life. Using this thing as a more or less strictly music player, what could I expect in terms of battery time? Obviously I'd be using it plenty more than just music in reality, I'm just concerned it may not make it even using it soley for music.

TL;DR
Main question: How would the n800 function as a media player alternative? Keeping in mind I commute about ~3 hours or more in a day. My main concern is battery life.