View Single Post
Originally Posted by dwforslund View Post
Sometimes I get stutter sound and sometimes a I get no picture. So far this doesn't seem to be particularly useful. It behaves slightly better with the osso media player than with mplayer. How are people able to make this work? It appears to be interesting, but so little works that I can't tell.
No offense to our benefactor, but lots of the stuttering can be eliminated by unloading the poor CPU load as much as possible.

Pick the channel you want to watch on TV99 and start it playing so the URL of the channel shows up in the KMplayer URL box. Press STOP button on Kmplayer to keep it from booting mplayer. Highlight the URL and copy it from the keyboard. Keep KMplayer running as it clears the clipboard if you dump it.

Now, boot mplayer or media player manually and paste the URL into its playbox. Before pressing PLAY, dump KMplayer/TV99 off the CPU. Dump as much other nonsense as you can, the less running the better. Press PLAY and see if the fast video will render better on the poor little overloaded CPU.

If you install "Load Applet" you can see the CPU meter go to full scale, indicating the CPU has had it while something's running like too-fast streaming. If it goes full, the video will balk for lack of a processor. It's only 400Mhz, ya know

The Following User Says Thank You to w4csc For This Useful Post: