View Single Post
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Ian, i remember a long time ago you told me, but i couldnt find it what is the font used on the task navigator icons? And forgive me for asking, where do i get the templates from so i can modify them using thememaker?
The font is called UFP, and it gets installed in /usr/share/fonts/ by the Okuda theme.

Our source packages are here, but we built our themes using hildon-theme-tools, and I'm not sure what it would take to get Theme Maker to work with our custom layout. Our themes also include many more icons than Theme Maker currently covers.

You could ask Urho Konttori (who makes Theme Maker) about the possibilities, but honestly, I think hildon-theme-tools is your best bet if you want to modify our themes. All you need is Ubuntu (or another Debian-compatible Linux distro). We have a HowTo page, and Leif and I would be happy to help if you need us.

Originally Posted by godd View Post
After playing with themes my left menu icons disappeared - I see only labels as Web, Comm and Menu. How can I recover them back? I tried to switch to my old themes, reboot a device but nothing helped.
Thanks.

LATER: fixed it by (I believe) updating icon cache and rebooting. Found an answer somewhere in this forum.
The icon themes do require a full reboot (or "killall hildon-desktop" in the terminal) to switch properly (Maemo bug 3659) but you shouldn't have to update your icon cache; our themes do that during install and removal, but it shouldn't be necessary when switching themes. Is it possible that you did a soft reboot (was the power cord plugged in)? If you don't see a progress bar during startup, it's not a full reboot, and that could be why the icons weren't reloaded.