View Single Post
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
My biggest complaint about the batteries of my N800s is that the battery meter will read 100% when I leave the house, but then, after a short time of doing some demanding task (most recently, this happened when using a high-speed GPS unit, and later when watching a video using the built-in speakers), the battery level will drop precipitously and the tablet will start panicking about "low battery". I'm never sure, when the tablet is in this state, whether it will shutdown on me or whether it will keep going. But if I stop doing the demanding task, and let the tablet "rest" for a while with the screen dark, the battery level rebounds and everything is fine...
Do you have the "High Speed Kernel"?

When I ran those patches the battery was unstable when it got low. I would get a low battery and then a crash, usually before I could stop the offending activity ( Video playback usually ).

As for the other comments I would say I have lost my stomach for items that cost hundreds of dollars that end up a time sink and/or a distraction for a child.

I'm not saying people don't use these every day to complete useful tasks, but I'm saying the device is not useful to me if it's unreliable.

The wife is sleeping right now and they are going to be starting the pictocin soon.