View Single Post
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Nowhere, Nebraska
Hey all!

It's been awhile since I posted, still using my n800 constantly - a 32gb mp3 for my car w/ stereo adapter

Anyway, my questions are: Is there an in-line controller for track/volume/stop/etc. that will work for the N-series? Something like this Eforcity Wired Remote Control that will let me keep the n800 in my console, but change tracks, or whatever with the control that is plugged into the 3mm jack and then has the 3mm tape adapter plug into that? They have them for Ipods (w/ that damn proprietary plug) and that Jensen thing... would that work? Or is there a similar accessorie (that's not hugely overpriced) that could do this?

Second... is volume. Even with the Taskbar applet that lets me change the brigntness and volume beyond the default controls, it is STILL very quiet (like my linux distro on my PC... solved by editing the config for alsa) is there a workaround (or a speaker or sumthin) I have to buy to get volume to acceptable levels? I like to listen in the car (obviously) and w/o headphones or the tape adapter, the soft purr of the engine drowns it out... any suggestions?

Thanks,

J

Last edited by ndoftaworld; 2009-03-03 at 17:41.