View Single Post
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Is Ubuntu gnumeric better than hildon gnumeric? Should that be our spreadsheet of choice instead of OOo?
Hildon Gnumeric loads quicker, naturally... what is odd, is that once loaded Ubuntu Gnumeric is a tad faster in loading a non-trivial [text fields only, no computations] excel 97 spreadsheet. For spreadsheets with multiple sheets, Ubuntu Gnumeric displays the sheet selector at the bottom of the spreadsheet so that I can switch views quickly by tapping on the desired sheets... Hildon Gnumeric did away with the sheet selector, to select alternate sheets you have to navigate the menus Format -> Sheet -> Manage_Sheets -> select sheet. Another tidbit, in the file browser, Ubuntu Gnumeric has an option to "display all files"... which its Hildonized counterpart doesn't have. Naturally the non-hildonized Gnumeric display is more compact and better looking. On a first impression, that tips the balance for me in favor of the Ubuntu Gnumeric app -- besides if saves me 13MB of device memory.

As for OOO3 Spreadsheet, you can use it to work with these spreadsheets but as I pointed out importing of my Excel 97 sheets was *agonizingly* slow... so on this front, I rather bet for the much quicker Gnumeric.

I look forward to the Epiphany-gecko browser then. Plus the new tar balls that you are prepping.

Now, with the 1st easy-mer that you provided, once I installed ooo3, abiword and gnumeric I am left with less than 14 MB of free space on the image file. Maybe you ought to raise the image file size to 1.5 - 1.8 GB? Also, when installing ooo3, there are a couple of errors that show up,

Code:
Setting up openoffice.org-officebean (1:3.0.1-1ubuntu4) ...

Setting up openoffice.org-writer2latex (0.5-8ubuntu1) ...
Adding extension
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/extension/install/writer2latex.uno.pkg...An error
occurred while enabling: writer2latex.jar
 done.

Setting up openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev (1:3.0.1-4ubuntu1) ...

Setting up openoffice.org (1:3.0.1-1ubuntu4) ...

Setting up python-uno (1:3.0.1-1ubuntu4) ...

Setting up openoffice.org-emailmerge (1:3.0.1-4ubuntu1) ...
Adding extension /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.0/program/mailmerge.py...
ERROR: An error occurred while enabling: mailmerge.py
       Cause: ImplementationRegistration::registerImplementation()
InvalidRegistryException during registration (destination registry is
read-only!  cannot merge!)

unopkg failed.
 done.

Processing triggers for python-support ...
Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
[root@chroot: /]
Since I don't use mailmerge, nor latex then this didn't bother me.

With your new tarballs, do please allow for disabling the install of the new theme that you talked about and that messes up big-time with the file browser display in ooo3... or at least that's what I understood from your earlier posting.

By the way, what's with the popup panels in oo3 that have no "cancel" buttom... only an "open" buttom as is the case of the file browser. How does one back out from such pop-up panels?

--denis

Last edited by delaroca; 2009-03-08 at 01:30.