View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
I wonder... if Nokia had communicated its internal workings about the elusive new tablet as openly as the Openpandora team has done, how this poll would look like.
To me its not the internal working being advertised that is pandora's problem. Its a credit card issue, its a we have no clue how to run a business issue, its a we have put out several dates that things "should" be done by (shipping Dec 2008) issue

Pandora has rightly earned that beating they took in the poll. Its all about consumer confidence and its clear these consumers (the majority) have no confidence in Pandora

Seems to me the difference is:

Pandora offers the world, and has delivered nothing.

Nokia has promised nothing, and has consistently delivered the world in my hand.

I understood what I was getting into when I ordered Pandora, but unrealistic dates that have changed constantly do not give me any confidence in the Pandora team. I understand they are all learning as they go, but if they fail its all your money, if it becomes a real product I will take a look. I am at this point though, not looking forward to it and I will be surprised if it makes it to market prior to Nokia.

If Nokia makes it to market first, it just may put a large dent in Pandora sales. Pandora was very attractive to those who didn't want to wait for Nokia to release another tablet. I know thats one of the things that made it attractive to me. Its now not appearing to be as much as an issue as it was 5 months ago when I preordered a pandora console, or should I say threw 75$ out the window because Pandora team doesn't know how to run a business.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: