Thread: Fennec Alpha 1
View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
allnameswereout, should we just jump right to the point in this thread where one of us mentions "hitler"? Might save our fellow readers some time.

I cannot follow you any more. Flash breaking web architecture, .mobi-domains being legacy, ARM affecting my browsing experience, the N800 not being a mobile PC (Hey? What's this thing I have then? It sure is a mobile PC, and it sure has N800 printed on it), WebKit, Gecko, SSH.... you could start 34 threads with all this.

All I wanted to say is that I see nothing in Fennec that is specifically designed for mobile use (whatever "mobile use" may be in this context). I see a browser with basically no UI at all that requires an explanation on how to use the most basic functions (back, enter URI, ...). I can understand which type of users wants such a browser. And I predict that these users may eventually want such a browser on their desktops, too, because why they want it has nothing to do with mobile use.

Oh, and I don't like it, because it doesn't meet my demands. (Which isn't a crime, nobody said it was made specifically for me.)

Last edited by benny1967; 2009-03-09 at 17:06.