View Single Post
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Error during lib files installing;
dpkg: error processing /var/cache apt/archive/libc6_2.9-4ubuntu3_armel.deb (--unpack):
unable to create './usr/share/man/man8/iconvconfig.8.gz':
no such file or directory
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (broken pipe) Error were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.9-4ubuntu3_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I've heard that this was actually a problem with Mer 0.9 and should be fixed in the 0.10 release. I think I ran into it at one time as well. The fix (for me) in the case of this file is to create the directory /usr/share/man/man8 and possibly create the file iconvconfig.8.gz
You can create directories from the command line with commands like these $sudo mkdir /usr/share/man/man8 and then $touch /usr/share/man/man8/iconvconfig.8.gz to create actual files. Next, proceed with the install making any other files you might need to have. You might want to reinstall the file later on, too.

Libc6 is a common library used by most of the major window managers and really this problem isn't related to e17. There appears to be a problem with one of the document packages and is related to the version of Mer and I believe has been fixed in the newer versions (which, unfortunately haven't been formally released).

If you have xchat, you might try the #mer or #maemo channels on freenode and see if someone there might have more details.

Last edited by neatojones; 2009-03-28 at 05:30.