View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Pick up the pieces of your mind. Where did you learn that you had to enable a swap drive? That is untrue.

You might WANT to enable a swap drive, but that's s different story. You might do something similar in Windows, too -- would that blow your mind to bits? (Look under Control Panel in Windows, under something like Advanced System Performance, if you don't believe Windows could be so mind-bending)

I have run without either for months, and it works pretty well, so saying that you HAVE to have a swap drive, as you said, is just a lie.

It looks to me like there's something wrong with the way you have the packages installed, and you seem to be unhappy with performance. Therefore, why try to repeat failure -- are you trying to get a slow system again?

So, I would say, don't restore your backup. But you want to restore your backup anyway? Fine, enjoy your setup.

You don't seem to have the right temperament for your tablet, to tell the truth. Why don't you sell it?

My suggestion is that you don't restore the backup and check the performance. Is it dog slow?

You've already restored the backup? Reflashing is easy.

I already have an N800 and N810, but as an alternative, I'll buy your N810 for $50 and I'll let you know how I fixed it! I love mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: