View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"At this moment I can confidently say that this is one of the best pieces of technology I have ever owned. I could not envision my life without it.
I purchased a gps receiver and use it to navigate with maemo mapper on a regular basis.
I use it as a media center for movies, tv shows, music, podcasts. and works great.
I use it with Xchat and stay in touch with the IRC community 24/7, I play a web based game competitively and irc is vital for this game.
I am able to seamlessly do the following at the same time: be logged onto xchat, listen to music, and navigate with maemo mapper in my car. I have the device plugged into my civic's audio input Jack.
I use facebook on it, youtube, do my banking, or browse any website.
I have the e-mail system configured for both my personal and business e-mails, and receive all e-mails immediately.
I use the calendar and todo gpe progs to organize my business and my life.
I have the debian package distro whatever it's called I don't even know cause I suck at linux, but it lets me use Open Office 2.4, and use that on a regular basis for all office documents.

Of course my device is connected through my 3G cell phone and has internet wherever I am 24/7"

There's a place on one of the Wikis for "how I use my tablet" Someone should copy this classic passage into that. I would do it, but I can't remember where it is.