View Single Post
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Ok, had some time today. Here's an update:
Amazing, plain simple amazing...on more than one count.

First, the speed with which you picked up the suggestion and put them online : "chapeau !" (hats off :-)

Second, the overall cumulative effect of these (seemingly) simple tweaks : while I was listing them in that previous post I was just scanning the pages and thinking "there's space to be saved here, and here, and here"... I tried to picture the impacts in my head but didn't do any mockup or anything... and I'm really surprised at the results, the change is a lot more perceptible than I anticipated.

But the greatest shock, of course, was arriving through the New Posts page : for a second there I thought I had the wrong URL :-)

Even unbelievers should now admit the incredible impact of a single colour change... this crucial page has instantly turned from an unreadable riot into a high-contrast, information-rich dashboard. I still can't believe it.

Of course it helps that it's now essentially black-text-on-light-background... but shhhh, don't tell anybody else :-)

Anyway it's for the best, as what's left of the orange links now actually highlight unobtrusive but useful information that was totally drowned in the noise before... the law of unintended consequences again ? :-)

Overall the site is now much easier on my poor eyes, and a lot more pleasant to spend time on. And there's still a few things left to try out just in case...<wink>

Thanks for listening (and doing) Reggie !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: