View Single Post
Originally Posted by Palmleavr View Post
-Choose one of the Palm apps
-Hit the Launch button
-After the GVM starts, hit the Home button on your NIT and go back to the GVM Launcher screen
-While the Palm app is running in the background, use the GVM Launcher "Install" button to install applications.

I have found this procedure to be considerably faster than NOT having the GVM running in the background, but I choose not to do it because:
-I've often forgotten that the GVM is running and I've tried launching one of the newly-installed apps to see how it runs. When you try to run more than one instance of the GVM at one time, you will cause a crash which can wipe out your entire installation and set you back to square one.
-When using this procedure, I've had the GVM Launcher crash on me a few times after installing half a dozen apps in a row.
I've found that the GVM Launcher doesn't actually crash doing this but goes into a freeze state. Instead of just launching a Palm app and having it run in the background, I run a Palm app and then exit out to the Palm menu screen and let it run in the background. And then when the GVM Launcher freezes, I go back to the Palm menu and switch to another Palm menu. Once I switch back to the GVM Launcher it is back to normal.

BTW, thanks for spending all the time summarizing all of this!....Very helpful!!