View Single Post
For those lucky people, like me, who have an account with Google Voice and a 3G phone, now you can make phone call on your N8*0 just like a cell phone. If you don't have an account with Google Voice, sorry you just have to wait until it goes public.

First thanks Epage for the great DialCentral program(if you don't know what it is, please search).

All of us who use DialCentral before should know how to setup Grandcentral with Gizmo and use Gizmo client to answer phone call on our ITs.

Before we had to use Gizmo on our ITs to answer phone call because we had to press #1 on the dialpad to answer call.

Now after upgrading to Google Voice, you can turn off that function called Call Presentation at the settings and the call will go throught directly . So now we can use the default Internet Call Program on our ITs to answer phone call.

Just open Internet Call on our ITs, add a new account with Sip with user name <your_sip_number_with _Gizmo>@proxy01.sipphone.com, password <your Gizmo account password>. , check "Enabled" and make it automatically on whenever you connect to the internet.

Now when people call your Google Voice number, your ITs will ring just like a phone and you can answer the call with the default Internet Call Program, without opening Gizmo.

To make phone call, just use DialCental to dial the numbers and use the default program to talk, no need to open Gimzo neither.
I just tried this method on Wifi and even with my tethered 3G phone, and the result was great.

So now, I can make phone call on my N8*0 without using my phone plan minutes anymore and also can call any US numbers for free and answer call when I am oversea as long as I have Wifi connection on my IT, yeah.

Last edited by racky; 2009-05-10 at 08:41.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to racky For This Useful Post: