View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
My summary of this "leak":
  • A repeat of cool stuff we learned about 8 months ago at the Summit, mixed with a few extra cool things we learned 6 months ago from the Alpha SDK.
  • Some limp extra specifications and release dates that don't sound exciting at all.
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I still think this is not true. Especially since we had no idea about the voice coming so soon. The only problem i see is with texrat's comments
Things that sit wrongly with me:
  • The documents refer to the "flagship" device; we've always heard it called the "lead" device by Nokians.
  • No mention of RX-anything.
  • There just isn't anything new in here. All the "new" stuff is, as others have pointed out, more like the N97 than the N810.
  • Voice? While nobody came out and denied voice for Fremantle, I got the impression that voice was being saved for Harmattan.
  • "Rover"?!
  • No mention of stuff we know would be in there, like the GPS and the accelerometer. Those were added in later, as an oops! "update". Suspicious!
  • The specs just seem so boring and "phone-like" that it doesn't feel like the kind of thing the Maemo people would release for us.
Originally Posted by davidgro View Post
Your sarcasm is not strong enough: Our N800s have up to 64GB (I suppose only half of that would be "external" by some definitions, but it is all removable)
I was just commenting on the N800 I was holding in my hand at that moment, the one that I was using to type the comment. But you're right; I should have used "up to" specs, like in the "leak".

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
T-mobile 3G, and T-mobile launch: While I'd have bet on this before, I didn't really believe it. Very good news
Yeah. Really lovely for Canada.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
(Honestly, it says a lot about the N800, released over two years ago, that even though this new device is definitely in the top tier of new hardware, we're still seeing it as being a step downward in many ways. I just wish they could come out with something that's as awesome today as the N800 was back then, instead of just staying in the top tier.)
Amen, brother.

UPDATE:
Ok, ok, so "Rover" is the real name, and Texrat has confirmed the specs. Sigh. Shrug.

Last edited by qole; 2009-05-25 at 17:06.