View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by lma View Post
It really isn't. If they have more than two braincells (and I believe they do) they want a community of users excited about whatever products they are actually making rather than complaining about what could have been.

The "not discussing future devices" policy may actually be working against them in this sense, but they probably (think they) have good reasons for that this time around.

I haven't noticed any Nokians "throwing their weight around" actually. Care to provide an example for those of us who are not awake/don't follow every single thread?
Organizations tend to make decisions as fuzzy as possible because it helps keep dissent to a minimum. There are exceptions, of course.

Since Nokians aren't labled, I might be wrong about which is a Nokian and which is a maemoite. I can't give a definitive list of which is which. There are definitely people throwing their weight around who weren't doing that when ITT existed as a separate entity; at least, they weren't doing that on ITT.

There were also people always throwing their weight around on ITT, but there are more of them now. That's my sense of things.

What are those lines from Yeats' The Second Coming: the worst are full of passionate intensity, the best are unsure? I know that is inaccurate, but it is the correct idea. What rough beast slouches toward Nokia, waiting to be born (the N900, obviously)?

I'm too lazy to look it up now.