View Single Post
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Does your phone not offer you the choice of relaxing this security? My crummy Motorola iDEN phone defaults to "Ask" for access by paired Bluetooth devices, but for each device I can easily change that setting to "Automatic".
I can also make it ask for access by a paired Bluetooth device. This would be in addition. The N810 has full bluetooth access. If my phone was WM5, I could have gone online without starting that process from the cell phone.

The added security makes somewhat sense, you may not want to let everyone use your expensive mobile internet even if you let them connect to your phone via bluetooth. However, in actual use, the way they implemented DUN was much easier to use.

Anyway, the point is not to fix the annoyances of ICS@WM6, the point is that with an all-in-one device, you would not have to.

Edit: you don't have to now either, really. Let me rephrase that to "With an all-in-one device, you won't have to deal with the multiplicity of connection issues with all the cell phone platforms and models out there."

Last edited by volt; 2009-06-03 at 13:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post: