View Single Post
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by heyslivers View Post
I have a malfunction with my power button. The quick press doesn't bring up the device mode menu, and the long press doesn't turn the n800 off. Pressing the power button does create a 'click' sound effect, as all the other buttons do, so it might not be the hardware.

I would normally take out the battery and hope a reboot would fix it, but I'm on vacation, and if I can't power it back on, I'm losing an invaluable link to my maps, internet resources, and email. I'm sure I can flash it when I get home.

On other thing that has malfuntioned within the same day is the display does not dim or switch off after a minute even though the control panel setting should control the display.

Any suggestions? To reboot or not reboot? Not having the screen lock is a pain for travel and it will drain faster now.
Sounds like something has really gone a-miss. If the clicking is still there then it looks like the mechanism is still working.

My first port of call would be to back everything up to an SD card and reflash the device. Failing that get on to Nokia after sales support.