View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I guess you need the python2.5 package and maybe some other.
This doesn't work.

I installed python2.5, python2.5-dbus, python2.5-gtk2 and other Python apps I don't really need, hoping that they bring the right libraries with them. But when I click a link in Mauku or Modest it just says "opening internet" (like it always did to open MicroB) and then nothing happens. It doesn't start Midori as it should.

"I'm not sure which Python packages you might need to install, if any, to make use of this script. Please let me know if you find out what pre-requisite packages it requires", is not a helpful answer. I feel that I am quite there but I cannot get it running. Do know this newbie feeling when you think you understood something but it will not work?

Could some of the pros please explain how to get a Python script running? Which Python software do I have to install beforehand? What do I have to do then so that software like Mauku or Modest can call this script to open Midori with the clicked URL?

Thanks a lot!

Or does it have to do with making the script executable?

I can do the necessary "chmod +x browser-proxy.py" only as Root. Can a program with normal user rigths then call it and let it run? I my case it seems to work halfway: The dbus service file for osso_browser calls the script, but then Midori doesn't open. Does this sound familiar to someone who could tell where I am mistaken? Your help is very appreciated.

Thank you very much.