View Single Post
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Well, what I don't understand is why Canola doesn't have it's OWN SoC project submissions separate from Maemo/Tablet project submissions. It monopolized SoC... and SoC's pretty much supposed to be about pushing projects that would benefit a lot of people that use Maemo.
The process was open for everybody in the maemo community, and if you don't like/use canola, that doesn't mean others don't use it.

Instead we're seeing spots that could have been used for some cool stuff for Maemo as a whole being wasted on one particular application that myself and a lot of others don't use. Oh, and then Memphis is announced... which is based on Canola being done by ProFusion. So ProFusion is going to get a lot of benefit from this SoC stuff... so why didn't THEY sponsor SoC submissions instead of Nokia?
Nokia didn't sponsored anything, all the SoC initiative was done and led by community people, and the canola folks belong to that community, they, unlike others, have done things for the community, instead of only ranting in forums.

And it's all going to duplicating functionality. Why? So that ProFusion can put out their car entertainment devices and make a buck.
It feels like a slap in the face for us tablet users. What a waste.
Ranting is easy isn't it ?
As I said the process was open for everybody.
Why didn't you expressed your opinion in time ?
As somebody use to say in these forum "less talk, more action".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post: