View Single Post
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post

You want to know why I didn't express my opinion on time? Take a look at my previous posts. I have no interest in reopening old wounds by spelling it all out for you now.

It's nothing against the guys that work on Canola... I'm sure they all work hard on it and they need help and that's fine. I'm just absolutely shocked that the community would make these choices in light of some of the many other things the community as a whole have wanted and been much more vocal about, such as an integrated PIM app, whereas I've never once heard anyone say they needed an IM app within Canola. Or Remember the Milk. (Not even a Remember the Milk app for the tablets, which makes sense... but a plugin for Canola?)
I understand your point, and others also raised this issue, but SoC doesn't work that way. The students propose projects following some given ideas, we can't obligate them to do a specific project.
Some projects around PIM were suggested, but we didn't received any good student application for these. Other projects were also suggested but again, we not had mentors available for mentoring these projects.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post

Where is the list of final votes from the community on this SoC list? I can't find anything on the forum or on the site showing a tabulated list of votes for the projects to be accepted in SoC. For an open community process, it sure seems hard to find. All I see is that Google announced which apps were accepted.
Well, we have to play by Google rules, the evaluation of the proposals is made in a private system, only the mentors and backup mentors can vote, but these roles were open for anyone that wants to WORK a bit, and we (mentors) also accepted several suggestions, raised in the community discussion about SoC

If you want to take this discussion further, please open a new thread for that propose.

Last edited by VDVsx; 2009-07-31 at 21:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post: