View Single Post
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Hi everyone!

I already asked this on the devel-list, but got now answer. Maybe someone here knows an answer...

Is it possible to register my application as an URL handler?
What I would like to do is that whenever a user who is using the browser clicks on a link like myapp://abcdefg my application is launched.

Hints and tips would be very welcome

Thanks!
Conny
Hello,

NumptyPhysics does this for its loading a level "live" from the browser (using its "nptp" protocol) . The source would be able to tell you more than I but the gist is that it registers a "mime_open" DBus handler with osso which just loads NumptyPhysics with whatever filename (the File manager passes the file name to the handler; not as an argument. Maemo: making it awkward. ), a mime file installed telling the system about these new file types and entries in its desktop file saying what mimetypes and protocols it supports, what method name it should call when opening the file etc. I've probably missed something but you could look at the source

(The Media player, albeit being closed source, also has such entries in its desktop file)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-08-13 at 07:08.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: