View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Like quipper8, I have a N810 and an E71 which I tether it to for mobile Internet access.
Same here; I pretty much agree with your compare, and find it complete.

What I like about Nokia E71 with S60 (SymbianOS 9.2) is that the default applications are solid and well integrated, and its compatible with the big evil world (example: Quick Office). An example which proves it isn't is the lack of OpenVPN support, and applications which assume a numerical keypad only for optimized usage. You can also install 3rd party applications many of which integrate well with simple configuration, but there is no such thing as a solid Application Manager. I also like the capability-based security of a microkernel-based OS such as S60, the fact it has J2ME, and that is has a large enough install base that corporations such as Google port their applications such as Google Maps to the OS. What they both don't have is good media management and usage like Apple products.