View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
But he doesn't say the HTC Hero has Flash 10 - he's just repeated the press release, in which case I'm not sure why you're confused about what is on the Hero given the evidence.

Where has anyone said the HTC Hero is shipping with Flash Player 10, as then I could understand your confusion. So far both Adobe/HTC and Ryan have said it "has Flash" (which turns out to be Flash 9) and will have Flash 10 Player "in the future".
One

Two

Three

The semantics in play isn't that it will be delivered, it seemed as if it had been delivered.

But if you read Ryan's statements closely - which I had to go back and read his tweets about it, the confusion stops with this one statement "Once we get the runtimes out for Flash Player 10..."

Keyword: Once

The announcements of what is delivered and what will be delivered are a bit vague if you're speed reading.

Now with that said, the runtimes are forthcoming in the Open Screen Project yet unfortunately I wonder when will the Nokia product get it? Seems like HTC is first in line (as is Android) and despite Nokia being a funded portion of the Open Screen Project, there's no comment(s) on when that would happen.

There is a date for Android. Thus, my true confusion. 9.4 the end of the road, or will they inherit 10.x? And when?

Last edited by gerbick; 2009-08-31 at 08:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: