View Single Post
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Well, IIRC Rogers does have some AWS spectrum and plans to (eventually) expand onto it, which would be T-mo US compatible. Not sure how soon or how geographically wide-spread that would be...

And of course, saying you "can't actually use it" is like telling many T-mo USA customers (my town, for example, is EDGE-only for another couple months) and all the original iPhone purchasers they can't use their data connections. No denying that EDGE is inferior, and I'll be plenty excited when 3G arrives, but as someone who uses it everyday, I must say it's a long way from useless. If you can confirm that Rogers will roll out AWS 3G in your area eventually, it could be reasonable to run with EDGE temporarily.
I'm doing VoIP over 3G instead of using voice minutes (my plan is data only), and EDGE doesn't work with VoIP, at least not on the E71. So for me, lack of 3G does actually equal "can't actually use it," but I can respect how others might be able to enjoy it with 2G/GSM only. I'm holding on to hope that these AT&T version rumors are true (and I am not in a hurry to upgrade so I can wait if it's coming later).