View Single Post
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Moderators note:
Just so the method to my madness is clear:
If a thread is created that requests a game port for a PC game, and no obvious way to achieve that exists (e.g. it's a proprietary PC game), it will be merged here.

In the case where a port is requested and an existing open source version is referenced, or some other distinguishing and noteworthy information, it will probably live on as an independent invitation to would-be maintainers.

So: if you want your request to carry some weight and not be just a "me, too" among many, you can increase your chances greatly with some basic research online.

I strongly recommend reading the Rule and FAQ sticky thread before posting a request to get an idea of the realities of Maemo gaming.

End Moderator's note.

I just thought, what are the odds that these games can be and will be ported to Maemo 5 ? Some good pc games, older ones, which i would like being ported/run on the N900 or future Maemo devices.

Pharaoh (Windows)
Half-Life 1 (Windows)
Sim City 3000 (Windows)
Homeworld 1 (Windows, Linux)
Red Alert 2 (Windows)
Diablo 2 (Windows, Mac OS, Mac OS X)
Atomic Bomberman (Windows)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (Windows)
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (Windows)
Grand Theft Auto 3 (Windows)

The N900 does have the HW to run these games (except maybe GTA3)...So i assume its just the matter of programming issues? I don't expect some official publishers/developers to do it, atleast i don't assume they will. But the community could imo. What's your opinion?

Also list which games would YOU want to see !!

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-29 at 16:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post: