View Single Post
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I'm going to have to defend bummers right to ask; why does Quim or Nokia even care what a members karma is? Are there prizes to be won?

I appreciate the push to Maemo5 but at some point someone is going to realize that quite a few of the members/developers/enthusiasts on this board are here for what the N8**'s aspired to be. And that BTW, did not include a dang cell phone.

Now Nokia is asking these same members to pay 60%* more for a device that has features they either don't want or can't use. For many, that price is to high to pay. Particularly when they are already holding a perfectly good device in their hand (an existing tablet) that has yet to reach its full potential.

At the same time these same members are seeing threads telling them that they can "help" Maemo5 by contacting developers and telling them to pour all future efforts into new versions of their apps that won't run on the older devices.

I can see where some might feel left out or left behind. Can anyone else?

*N800 original MSRP = $399

@bummer... Unfortunately that's the way the world goes 'round. However, I believe that we will see a new wave of enthusiasm and member support for the older devices as they are passed down or sold. Take it easy on Quim, he has been good for this community so far and I believe he will continue to be a valuable resource to users of the older devices, as his time permits.
No one is denying his right to ask. This thread just isn't exactly the best time for asking and it's for that reason that I won't go into why a good amount of what you said afterwards is wrong.

If you guys want to discuss it, open a new thread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post: