View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
No iTunes support won't hold it back. What device(s) use it?? And I bet someone figures out how to sync the player to iTunes, but why? I don't quite understand what you mean? What does iTunes have to do with the N900? I think you overestimate how much people like iTunes.
Not what I meant at all.

It's not about iTunes at all. Allow me to reiterate and explain better before more misunderstandings continue.

The fact that there is not a centralized application - something as pervasive as iTunes has become since you had to use that for the majority of the iPod purchases (you know, for the millions and millions of iPods out there) - for the N900 there's no such application. You could argue and say "it's the operating system" but people want an app/app suite that they've used before that ties in their contacts, media and whatnot that's currently in use or has mainstream use.

Personally, that doesn't matter to me. I'll make it work since I'm not truly tied down to one set of apps - iTunes on Mac, Zune on PC for music for instance.

I'm talking about the soccer mom's and tech un-savvy that might see this on a commercial, like how it looks, think that it might match their Monday and Wednesday attire, buy it like it's an accessory - trust me, I've heard this from other iPhone owners that... matched the iPhone and accessories to the interior of their car or to their computer monitor (no joke) - and they will look for the easily found answers of how to get their contacts on the phone.

That's what I mean. What mainstream apps can sync their contacts, music, and make it easy for the layman? That's not for me to answer, that's for Nokia. And so far, it's not a set of popular apps that do that for them right now.

MS Office might do it by the time it comes out. If so, it gets no more mainstream than that. Or it might be an unnamed suite... which will mean the apps and the phone will have to gain acceptance outside of the savvy circles such as Talk.Maemo... et al.

I'm just not looking forward to answering some of the more mundane questions from people that won't invest more than a few moments outside of the commercial to find out more about the N900.

You know the type.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: