View Single Post
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Dragy View Post
Heya

I've been looking into this phone for the past few days. It is appealing to me as a user, and also as a small-time developer. The community looks fantastic, so I decided to register and ask my question here. I hope I'm hitting the correct forum.

I'm a Flash game developer, and I noticed the Maemo 5 supports Flash Player 9.4, and the N900 uses the strong ARM Cortex A8 processor. This gives me hope to run light Flash games on the device.

My questions is this: would it be possible to run Flash applications through an actual Maemo application?
In other words, instead of running it through a browser webpage, would it be possible to develop an application dedicated to run the specific Flash app offline, regardless of the browser.
In this case, is the keyboard of the n900 gonna be accessible and detectable with my Flash app? or am I restricted for some of the buttons? or am I restricted for touch screen [mouse] only (like some devices )

(I'm well aware that Flash isn't the most efficient way to develop serious games for the N900, given the awesome specs. I'm look at it more as another way to publish my existing free games!)

Thanks!
Might be hard to do that since Flash is proprietary. I would suggest that instead you use a shortcut that calls Dbus to launch the web browser and point it to your game. The user wouldn't really care... just copy your flv/swf/whatever and the .html page to the tablet. User would just see "Kitten Cannon" for instance... and it would just launch the flash game in the browser automatically.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post: